Renunciation of Pakistani Citizenship
- Two copies of Application form (Form-X) duly typed (not to be handwritten), attested by the Justice of Peace (JP). Front attested photograph may be pasted on top right of both copies.
- Back side attested 04 recent passport size photographs with white background. Photographs should not be more than six months old.
- Reasons/justification for renunciation (on a separate paper).
- A copy of any one document, i.e. Assurance Letter/ Naturalization Certificate /Citizenship Certificate / Foreign Passport.
- Two copies of CNIC/NICOP, both sides on one page.
- Two copies of first four pages of latest Pakistani Passports on one page.
- Two copies of data page of Foreign Passport, if available.
- All original valid & expired Pakistani passports.
- In case a person does not have copies of CNIC/NICOP, will provide an affidavit stating that the applicant does not possess CNIC/NICOP and will provide complete address in Pakistan.
- Copies of any one document i.e. NICOP/Birth Certificate/ Pakistan passport of the minor children of the male applicant only, residing abroad, where applicable.
- The copies of Nikah Nama/divorce papers, of the female applicant, if passport/ NICOP is not modified with husband/ father’s name respectively.
- Self-addressed Express / Registered Post Envelope
- Fee in the form of Postal Money order/Certified Bank Cheque/Bank Draft amounting to A$ 20/- in the name Pakistan High Commission Canberra.
- Cash is not acceptable.
- Fees once deposited are not refundable even in case of refusal of certificate
- Pakistanis under the age of 21 cannot renounce their citizenship independently. However, their names could be included in the renunciation application of their father.
- In case of a minor applicant, please provide date and place of birth of the child with original documentary evidence such as Form “B” Form “S” or NICOP/Child Registration Card.
- On receiving of Original Renunciation Certificate from the Ministry of Interior of Pakistan, the Certificate will be handed over only upon production of a receipt of application for cancellation of CNIC/NICOP/SNIC.
- Applicants can apply for cancellation of CNIC/NICOP/SNIC online on NADRA website http://id.nadra.gov.pk
- Where a male person ceases to be citizen of Pakistan:
- Every such minor child of that person as is residing outside Pakistan shall, thereupon, ceases to be a citizen of Pakistan provided any such child may, within one year of his completing the age of 21 years, makes a declaration that he wishes to resume the citizenship of Pakistan and shall upon making of such declaration on Farm Y becomes a citizen of Pakistan.
- Every such minor of that person as is residing in Pakistan shall continue to be a citizen of Pakistan.
Postal Address for High Commission:
PO Box 7130, Yarralumla ACT 2600 (Australia)
For enquiries regarding any further information related to Consular Services, please email at:
(A large number of persons are trying to call the High Commission during office hours. We try to receive & respond all calls. We appreciate your patience. The High Commission advises that questions are preferably send through the above email. We try to reply emails on daily basis).